HD 50K Zoetis GENETICS
These numbers represent the birth, weaning, yearling and milk EPDs for an Angus bull. Bull buying has become a numbers game if you really get specific about it.... Canadian Angus breeders and their customers now have access to genomic-enhanced expected progeny differences (GE-EPDs) powered by High-Density 50K (HD 50K).
EPD Basics What They Are and How to Use Them
25/04/2014 · Here is an Angus breeder that provides a refreshing view on EPDs. >>EPD's started out with (theoretically) a noble purpose. A way to HELP cattlemen make genetic choices by putting a number value on important (economic) traits.... ASA EPD Page: EPD Definitions: Calving Ease (CE) Heifers (H) - The ease with which a bull's calves are born to first calf heifers. A first calf heifer is defined as a …
Carcass Ultrasound 101 Use of Ultrasound…When EPDs Are
For example, bull A has a weaning EPD of +30 lb. and bull B has a weaning EPD of +20 lb. If you randomly mate these bulls in your herd, you could expect bull A's calves to weigh, on average, 10 lb. more at weaning than bull B's progeny (30 - 20 = 10). how to put favorites on side of screen on macbook Selecting heifer bulls: GE-EPDs for calving ease direct and birth weight have accuracies roughly equivalent to bulls with 28 and 21 progeny, respectively 2 Selecting growth/carcass bulls: GE-EPDs for growth, feed efficiency and carcass merit have accuracies roughly equivalent to bulls with 23, 8 and 10 progeny , respectively 2
Beckton Red Angus EPD's
This is a calculated figure of one-half the bull’s weaning weight direct EPD plus his milk EPD. For example, Bull A has a maternal weaning weight value of 13, which is equal to half of his weaning weight direct EPD (20/2=10) plus his milk EPD (3). how to read stocks on google Here are a couple examples to help illustrate how reading EPDs can impact your herd: Consider Bull A with a +40 EPD for weaning weight and Bull B at +20.
How long can it take?
Brangus® EPD Search
- HD 50K Zoetis GENETICS
- Understanding EPDs and How To Use Them Pot of Gold Bull Sale
- Effective Use Of EPDs NDSU Agriculture and Extension
- Bull Selection for Heifers Calving Ease and Birth Weight EPDs
How To Read Bull Epds
percentile-ranking chart is required to determine where a bull’s EPDs rank him relative to other bulls in the breed. For percentile rankings or more detailed information about EPDs and $ indexes visit
- A bull with a EPD of +25 is expected to produce progeny that weigh on average 20 pounds more than a bull that has an EPD value of +5. This weight is taken between 301 and 500 days of age and adjusted to 365 days. The dams age is also taken into consideration. This EPD is the best single estimate of an animal's genetic merit for yearling weight. (600) 600 Day Weight EPD: (Mature Weight) is
- Here are a couple examples to help illustrate how reading EPDs can impact your herd: Consider Bull A with a +40 EPD for weaning weight and Bull B at +20.
- percentile-ranking chart is required to determine where a bull’s EPDs rank him relative to other bulls in the breed. For percentile rankings or more detailed information about EPDs and $ indexes visit
- By comparing the value of an EPD for one trait from one bull to the next, a bull buyer can quickly get a feel for the relative likelihood that a bull has the needed DNA to work in a producer's program. While the development of EPDs is complicated, the application of EPD numbers to bull-buying techniques is reasonably straightforward and simple.